Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Battle Within
Dream 2

I was trying to get some key people together to go over the plans for the new year in ministry. Those who had been involved with the ministry last year and said they would help this year. As people started showing up I knew there was not enough room to hold them all, actually more came than I expected. And to my surprise, many whom I did not even know. I talked to someone I did know and decided to move the meeting to a place that had more space. But that got confusing, because the person I talked to had two offices and we couldn’t understand which office we were talking about.

Then the band showed up. Not a full complete band, but what seemed like a “pep band”, drums and horns. I asked them to stop playing and they continued to finish up the song they were playing and slowly, but very slowly, drug out the ending in a long drone. Finally, I had to start collecting the drummer’s sticks so they would stop playing. I was very angry and the longer it went on the angrier I got.

After that I tried to get everyone’s attention and as I got the attention of a few some others would start up conversations on their own. I would concentrate on that group and another would start up. Finally I had everyone’s attention, but I heard talking from the hallway behind me. I made a request that, “If you can’t see me, move into the room where you can, we have plenty of room”. The people in the hall, busted down the wall to walk through instead of walking around the corner. Now I would have to pay for the repairs to the wall when we got finished. And I got angrier. Then the conversations started again and pats of the band began to play again.

Then I woke up…. I heard these words, “Write down what I have to say”.

This is My church! I am trying to get them to see and understand the mission I have for them. I am trying to gather together those who have been faithful in the past and give them instructions for the future. The true battle is about to begin and they need to listen and be aware of many things. More people have come to the meeting than were invited. They were invited by people I invited, but I did not invite them. Those are the one’s who are causing the confusion and creating the distractions. Many are having conversations among themselves and I am not in the midst. Their planning looks good, but I am not in the plans. Their musicians are very talented, but they take no time for Me. They play their own tune and create music that I am not pleased with. I have sent people to correct and instruct them, but they don’t listen to their advice, as I have instructed. Those talking outside in the hall are those I wish to hear My message. Instead of walking in My ways and in My directions, have come in their own way and have cause more destruction in doing so.

Yes, I am very angry! I have talked and instructed and warned and begged, but few would listed to Me. My path is narrow and My words will divide. I did not say, “Build it they will come”. I said, “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel”.
I did not say, “Can’t we all just get along”? I gave absolutes and not merely suggestions. I did not say, “Be tolerant of one another”. I said, “Love your enemy and pray for him”.

Yes, oh yes, in the midst of all of My anger, I heard a small one crying out in the middle of the night, and I went to comfort him. I held him in my arms and sang sweet songs to him. I gave to him spiritual food, and soothed his soul. I looked at him and saw the smallness of his frame. I saw the weakness of his being. I loved him, and told him so.

Goodnight,
Sleep soundly,
Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment